To best view and use the sites, MIT OCW has adopted the following guidelines:
- Our course sites work on both the Macintosh and Windows platforms.
- Although higher-speed connections are preferable, slower connections, such as 28.8 kbps modems, should allow users to view most materials on the sites; however, downloading materials will take a longer period of time.
- Supported Browsers: MIT OCW has tested the course sites with the following browsers:
- Netscape version 4.75+
- Internet Explorer version 5.5+
- Required Software:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or greater.
- Required Plug-Ins: In order to view some of the multimedia content, such as video segments, MIT OCW recommends that the following freely available plug-ins be installed in your computing environment:
- Windows Media Player
- Real Media Player
If you encounter difficulties, please contact MIT OCW with the feedback form.